100 and Counting

Those of you who know me will know that I am a highly sentimental person. A person who cherishes each passing moment and reminisces often of a beautiful past. Even now, I am remembering a time I saw a paper bag dance in an updraft, back lit by the red brick walls that adorned my old stomping grounds. Surely that was the most beautiful trash bag to ever live and dance and feed.

All that has happened prior to this moment is prologue. For today, what I am writing will surely change history. Perhaps, though I am surely getting ahead of myself here, the next generation will see this moment as the defining moment of a new era. And perhaps they will change the calenders to reflect this wonderful moment. First, there was BC (or BCE). Then, there was AD (or CE). But today, there is the 2nd AD. This is the first day in the year of Dan.

But, I digress. The real purpose of this post, of this day, and of this moment in time: this is my 100th blog post.

As the creator, I remember well it's birth. Marcus said that he would buy me a Vanilla Latte if I started a blog (which incidentally, is also how Marcus got me onto Facebook [which I called "MyFace" for longer than I care to admit]). Straightaway - I was craving that caffeine - I knew what must be done, and I wrote out my philosophy of blogging; my blogosophy, if you will. The stars aligned, and the inspired words flowed through me posthaste and with great ease. And this act set into motion event which are too awesome to speak of here.

Before I knew it, this blog was a part of my life. We've had good times - like when we've taken the time to insult Answers in Genesis - and we've had bad times - when blogging has become monotonous and rote. But, through it all, I have learned many things. And that, my dear readers, is the greatest gift of all. Namaste and enjoy this commemorative video!


I want to notice chances I’ve passed without notice. I want to see details previously veiled. I want to grab that chance, carry it home so I can marry and know that I noticed every chance that I could have passed without notice. I saw details that to all were veiled. And I grabbed those chances, carried them home. And then I’ll have had it with roaming. I came to this world with nothing and I'll leave with nothing but love. Everything else is just borrowed.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Love this post. You're very witty. I laughed out loud a couple times while reading this one! Thanks for that.