I'm all for tolerance, but...

Why do people always feel the need to tell me how tolerant they are before they make incredibly intolerant statements? E.g.:
"You know, I'm all for religious freedom, but I think Mosques should be outlawed in America, we're at war!
or:
"You know, I'm all for tolerance, but gays shouldn't be allow to march down tax-payer funded streets in their parades, they need to build their own roads."
or:
"You know, I'm all for feminism, but I don't think women should have the right to vote or make as much as men."
But then - upon making one such absurd self-refuting statement - I realized why people do this. It is simply a thrill to be a walking, talking contradiction. I mean it is an adrenaline rush akin to skinny dipping in a public pool (I may have said too much).

So now, when I go on facebook and find these statements in peoples' statuses (or worse, when I make the grave mistake of reading the comments), rather than getting upset, I join in the fun:
"You know, I'm all for political freedom, but I think conservatives should be shot out of a cannon into the Marianas Trench."
It is a blast. Go ahead, try it. Create your own below:
You know Dan, I'm all for tolerance, but... [insert your own incredible, incredibly intolerant statement here]

4 comments:

Joe Milette said...

I like this Dan. Simply because most people say things that are contradictory and don't even realize or care about it.

-Joe

Reuben S said...

Dan, I'm all for tolerance and whatnot but this is MERICA and if you don't like it you should get out.

Owi said...

Hahahaha ... what a great post ...

You know I am all for small government and deregulation but the government should regulate those damn faggots :)

You know I am all for freedom of the press but the "liberal media" is ruining America.

God help you guys


Hey i want to ask your permission to post this article in a political forum on livejournal.com . I will put everything in quote and also include a link to your blog when i post it

cheers

yh said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
sac chloe
sac dior
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
dolce gabbana tasche
ed hardy tasche
fendi tasche
sac juicy
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac guess pas cher
tee shirts prada
tee shirts louis vuitton
tee shirts polo
polo bolsas
prada bolsas
versace bolsas