I Wish Someone Would Bend My Air At Last

So I really wanted to see "The Last Airbender." Even though M. Night Shyalamalahan seems to have peaked some time ago, I have a soft spot in my heart for his fanciful tales of adventure untold. Of course, I pretend to be a movie snob on most days, but I have no integrity and like the occasional mindless entertainment (stay tuned for another post about my superb lack of integrity).

Anyway, the reviews for this movie have been terrible. Metacritic tallied its score at a whopping 20; to put that into perspective, "Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector" got 21. M. Night Shalamanahan went up against Larry the Cable Guy and lost!

Yet, having no integrity, I was determined to find a good review for what I'm sure will be a disappointing movie. Then, I came across this wonderful gem and regained some of my hope:

Collin M. gave it a10:
The movie was varry cool because it has the first episode and then at the end he fights the fire lord I say it is vary intreating so I would give it an 8.

Thank you, Collin! You almost allowed me to retain the illusion of integrity with this smashing (and somewhat coherent) review. Of course, there are a few problems here. First, which is it, an 8 or a 10? Second, spell check. I'm not even sure if you spelled your own name correctly for heaven's sake!

The saddest part of this whole thing is that now I will have to wait until this movie is streaming free on Netflix and I am home sick before I will allow myself to watch it.

A little teaser (or warning): In the next blog post, Dan may appear half naked... I'll let you guess which half.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

I think that what Collin's review meant to say was:

age: 10
score 8

Kids like Collin are never wrong! ;)

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

It's a kid's movie, so Collin's opinion counts more than the M. Night begrudged fans.
We took our kids and they really liked it. We're big fans of the cartoon (especially my 6-year-old), so I took it for what it was.
Granted, now we watch Dragon Ball Z Kai.