Straightforward Truth About Dan And His Ilk

Lydia and I have some Pomegranate and Mango (two of my favorite fruits) body wash. It smells so lip-smacking, mouth-watering, good that I think I might eat it one morning on accident. I can totally see myself in the shower - tired, out of it - starting to chow down on this delectable body wash.

Yesterday, Lydia and I bought some crab Rangoon. They baked on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (about 200 Celsius) for 10 minutes. After these directions on the box, they box warned in big red letters. Warning: Oven May Cause Cookie Sheet To Be Hot. It was certainly a good thing it had that warning use usually I try to take the cookie sheet out with my mouth which - assuming that oven did indeed heat the cookie sheet up - would have given me a nasty burn. What would the hoi polloi* do without these brilliant warnings.

The Crab Rangoon was not good.

That's all I have to say about that.

* On a dreadfully important aside: I am aware of the debate over the use of the article ("the") with hoi polloi. Though it is true that saying "the hoi..." is redundant as hoi already means "the", essentially making the phrase "the the masses/people". Nonetheless sans article the phrase sounds strange. Thus, my decision was based on an ascetic choice. For those of you who disagree with my decision, I respect your disposition on the matter.

2 comments:

Richard McKrank said...

I like spicy stuff but I was never sure if I'd like the spicy V8 (it being a drink and all). Now I shall try it. Thank you good sir!

Marcus said...

what this article choice an ascetic choice or an aesthetic choice? i think it was the latter unless you are punishing yourself for your decision...

have fun with our plants.