The Laundromat Confessions, part 1. And Kathi And Dilberk, part 1.

Whenever I go to the laundromat, I am always amused by the number of people who break into conversation with the proprietor or with one another. Sure, she is a friendly woman, but I'm not one to converse extensively with a relative stranger. (I'd rather let Will Shortz be my companion, my guide, and my first mate.) Yet, these types apparently abound outside my circles; people who apparently go to the laundromat for the social networking as well as the clothes cleaning.

Anyway, I always hear interesting things. People brokering business deals, personal confessions, and a healthy dose of eccentrics.

Today, this is what I heard.

Woman 1: "I think I might be colorblind, because I can't tell the difference between black and blue."
Woman 2 (who was apparently a photographer): "Oh, you're not color blind. Do you know why that is? It's because - scientifically speaking - blue is actually darker than black."
Woman 1: "Really? That's interesting."
Woman 2: "Yup. You're not color blind. If anything, you might actually see better than most people."

Priceless.

Most of you probably don't know this about me, but I have written many spoof Cathy comics over the years. I find the comic so repulsive, that it has become irresistible to me. Anyway, this is my latest effort. Enjoy...

1 comment:

Richard McKrank said...

I'm Reuben Sinnema and I approve this message.