Neon Cactus

It has been a while since I have been able to blog. Part of the reason for this is that I no longer have an internet connection at home, so I have to go to the library or a coffee shop to get online. Currently, I am sitting in a library listening - against my will - to two high school girls discussing flowers… The blonde one just said, “Hey Michelle, a lot of plants seem to do well if they get a lot of rain.” To which Michelle retorted, “I don’t know... what about cactuses.” The blonde replied, “Oh yeah, I forgot about cactuses… those do well in the desert.” I am somewhere between amused and annoyed.

Last night, Lydia and I went out to dinner for our anniversary. We went to our favorite restaurant - Via Maria. The meal was very enjoyable until a heavy-set, middle-aged woman showed up who refused to use her inside voice. She preceded to tell people at her table (and anyone within shouting distance) about how her jacket gave her a rash and it was all red and bumpy and itchy and kept growing. After a long description, her husband said something that we couldn't hear. The women responded frantically, saying, "Nuh uh, You know I have a rash! I already told you about it!" All of this would have been less annoying if we hadn't got sea food. The conversation just didn't go well with crab cakes.

In lighter news, here is a picture of my niece: Natalie. I think she is adorable.

No comments: